Monday, June 6, 2011

Update on the Cite Soleil Orphanage

For those of you who were moved by the sight of the children in the Cite Soleil orphanage and their assortment of tents, I wanted to post an update.  Last week, torrential rains all but washed away the tents, leaving the children and their caregivers living in mud.  Thanks to the Chadasha Foundation, the orphanage was able to move into an actual house!  Here's a video of the children singing and saying Thank You to Jesus in front of their new home.  About minute 2:30, the children and adults kneel to pray, each saying their own prayer out loud.  I don't understand a word of it, but it brings to my mind the scene from Pentecost where "they each spoke in their own tongues."  As we celebrate Pentecost this weekend, I will be celebrating God's gifts to those children, and the blessing I've received from them and their experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment