
So, it turns out that a water bottle stuffed (for efficiency) with toiletries will raise a red flag with airport security. I know this because after I was scanned and patted down, I was asked to watch the security specialist go through my bag. The nice man pulled out the water bottle, said, "oh, now I see," and sent me on my shoeless way.

I am bags 5 and 6. There are 8 on our team, and we sent ahead lists of the items in our bags to help expedite the journey through customs, and I was assigned 5 and 6. Let me tell you, it was humbling to look at the list once it was all together. Three thousand bandaids is just the start! Wound care, antibiotics, soccer balls, and little dresses. I have been overwhelmed by the support I've been given, honestly. I wish you could see the full list; thanks to your generosity and Dr. Jenny Chapman's medical credentials, it's full of stuff I can't even pronounce!! It makes me a little nervous, since they make such a big deal about carrying your prescriptions with your medications in the original bottles, etc ... and here I am carrying all this crazy stuff across multiple borders with credentials at all! But everyone assures me if will be fine - and I KNOW it will be important - so here goes!!

And here is my stuff for eleven days. Clothes and food. Wish me luck. :)
GODSPEED BECCA!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteReading your posts simply makes my heart and eyes swell with joy and gratitude. Your heart is so good. I am so proud and blessed to know you, my friend. Take care, godspeed, and know that many many prayers are with you. Much love to you and all those with you.
ReplyDeleteDitto Jen's comments. God bless exceedingly and abundantly!
ReplyDeleteThinking of, and praying for you and your entire team!
ReplyDeleteI keep thinking about you. Just thought I'd let you know. Stay safe.
ReplyDelete