Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Raindrops on my shoulders make me happy...
Generally, when one travels, one hopes for good weather. Sunny skies and moderate temps make for smooth travel and great photos. Last year, when I was in Haiti, an afternoon rain that turned dirt roads into rivers of mud was just a taste of the havoc Mother Nature can wreak!
But this month I will be traveling to Mozambique, and I want you to pray for rain every day. You see, it's the tail end of their rainy season, and they simply haven't had enough. A dry Fall threatens their crops, their water tables, their tenuous hold on few available resources.
So I hope it rains on us everyday. I hope we get - and stay - so wet that my socks never quite dry out. Thanks to everyone who has supported this trip financially, and now will you pray with me? The trip is from April 30 to May 10, and I covet your prayers: for safe travel, that we may see God at work in the lives of the people we meet, that we will be touched by our presence with them, and that together we might dance with joy in the rain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prayer said, Chica!
ReplyDelete