
Nurse Anne. Acts as nurse practitioner here, as some things you see over and over again. Ringworm, for example. Comic relief, fabulous photographer.

Kathy and Courtney.
Kathy (right) is a professional short-term missionary. Her job, officially, is to organize mission trips for her district, but she has a reputation for going on rogue trip with others (like this one). Cheerleader, "momma."
Courtney (left) is a nurse and she's the bomb-diggity. This is the second of two trips that she didn't want to go on, but she came because God told her to. She has a dry sense of humor that keeps me on my toes, which helps when you're trying to get a urine sample from someone who does not habitually use a toilet. Pragmatist, rock.

Kareem is a pharmacist and has a giant brain. She is the finishing touch on our patient care, and the final say on organizing the closet. Nurturer, Steadfast.

Stefanie is a lawyer and she is a bad-ass. I don't know all the details of her first trip here, but it definitely had "so the journalist was going to Jimani, and I just got in his truck." She is prepared for everything, and doesn't take anything from anybody, but don't let me paint her wrongly - she is kind and generous and I want to be her when I grow up. Treat-fairy, translator.


The Haitian members of our team next; let's see if this loads!
No comments:
Post a Comment