
And how about this? There's was no light in the hall at all at night, except this:

And guess what? It doesn't even have a candleholder. It's just stuck in the wax on the floor!
This is the Zobue Hotel, and is by far the most rustic of our accommodations. Mwanza was nice, and Tete City was similar, although they did have wifi (however slow), laundry service (just leave it in the basket in the morning, it was done when you got back in the afternoon), and a terrific Baobab tree to sit under while you enjoyed your morning coffee.

We are in the Gold Card Hotel in Malawi now, which is at the end of a very bumpy dirt road, and has a sign out front that says "Internet cafe." (it's not true!). But the bar is comfy, and the bartenders are friendly. Betsy bought a game at the market today, and they showed us how to play. They even let Betsy win.
I will say that I have stayed more primitive places - you know, camping - but I've never felt more warmly cared for!
I wish this had a LIKE button!
ReplyDelete