Saturday, April 30, 2011

Friday, Part 5 of 5


Stephanie is a natural with the little children. She came armed with chalk and coloring pages and headbands and was immediately the center of the Children's activities.




Other new friends... Memie is one of the house-parents. F is a sixteen year old who asked me when we left if I was coming back tomorrow.





We drove away about seven o'clock, tired and hungry. Dusk had fully fallen, and the streets were still lined with people around drum fires, or just sitting. The orphanage had a well in the courtyard, and even though it had a toilet, you had to carry water in a bucket to flush the toilet. (again, in disrepair? Or simply never finished?). We had been set up in the courtyard, and it wasn't until we were pulling away that I realized they didn't have power and I wondered what those children would be eating tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment