Getting my act together helped a LOT. Writing letters to the kids' teachers, getting my suitcase packed, meeting with the team one more time ... all these things helped me. What helped most, though, was all the outpouring of offers for help and prayers. It's great to know people are going to be looking out for my family, and that God is looking out for me. So keep praying; it makes a difference.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Prayers, please
Big fat confession: when people ask me to pray for them, I always do but I never feel like it makes a difference. Today, I believe that it makes a difference, because I find myself coveting your prayers. :) I woke up yesterday in a stone-cold panic that I am about to do an unbelievably reckless and irresponsible thing. I mean, I've got three little kids! What in the world am I doing jetting off to a third-world country? The immunizations required should be enough to warn me that this is no light matter! But this was only the second moment that I had a hesitation. (the first was when Jenny said it would be a ten day trip, and I balked. But she shortened it to nine and I was back on board!). For the rest of the moments in the last two months, I've been excited about this opportunity and eager to go. And then I woke up scared.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'll be praying and will pass your request on to my Bible study buds. Praying for safety and that God's will will be done in your life and the lives you touch.
ReplyDeleteAunt Laura