Thursday, April 21, 2011

starts with THINKING outside my box...

A year ago, an earthquake hit Haiti, and my friend Jenny jumped in to the relief efforts with both feet.  Less than three months ago, I was giving my testimony to our church's officers and I said that sometimes I feel overwhelmed wondering how I can help the hurt I see here at home, as well as around the world in Haiti.  I said it hypothetically, but Henry approached me and talked to me as though I really might go.  In that moment, the idea that I might go to Haiti with Jenny was planted. 

I have been intrigued with the idea of going on an international mission trip, because I had begun to believe that my life was too simple and contained.  Sure, I serve at church and at school, but those are safe places where I know what I'm doing.  Is it possible I might have something to offer to a stranger?  I guess I'll find out!  Wanna come along?

No comments:

Post a Comment