Today we set up a mobile clinic at The Apparent Project. We saw 120 patient's in six hours. It was awesome, and I even got to be helpful. I was a gopher, I helped with crowd control and keeping order, I took blood pressures (which I'd forgotten to tell Jenny I knew how to do), and I even gave a scabies treatment! It was fabulous. What I loved most was meeting the artisans and their families and spending time with them. We treated lots of infections, and rashes and good ol' coughs and colds, but got none of the horror stories we had heard at the orphanage yesterday. It just demonstrates how important the parents' involvement is in their children's lives, and what a wonderful thing AP is doing in this community.
This baby did NOT think I was funny, but she loved Ashton!!
This family was particularly poor. You could tell because they would all come in their best clothes to see the doctor, and this little boy's pants and shirt were ripped. Jenny said he had blood spattered on his back, but she cleaned him up, and it wasn't his. I can't imagine what it might be. Stephanie asked him to step on the scale, but she forgot to tell him to get down, and he stood there for at least 5 whole minutes while Courtney took grandma's blood pressure. :)
Our day ended with a shopping trip (in the AP shop) which was awesome. I've got tons of product, so let me know when I get home if you want to shop in my dining room!
No comments:
Post a Comment